Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lymphedema Challenge

Actress and Academy Award winner, Kathy Bates recently kicked off theLymphatic Education & Research Network's Face of Lymphedema Challege. She proclaimed, "I'm Kathy Bates. I had a double mastectomy 2 years ago and as a result I have lymphedema in both arms. I didn't have a clue what would be involved after surgery and it was hard to find a doctor who would help me deal with, not only the physical effects, but the psychological effects as well. Struggling alone with lymphedema can feel like a punishment for having cancer. That's why I hope to bring awareness."

It's great to have such a high profile spokesperson help to bring awareness and hopefully a cure to lymphedema. Take the Face of Lymphedema Challege: http://lymphaticnetwork.org/get-involved/face-of-lymphedema-challenge/

No comments:

Post a Comment