Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Recent Review About Our Hair Loss, Lymphedema & Mastectomy Team!

"Do not miss the opportunity to visit Ricky Knowles Hair and Wellness. Ricky, Kristen and their team have been instrumental in making my journey a little less difficult. Ricky literally searched the world over to find the perfect human hair wig for me, then custom fit, cut and colored it to perfection so not even my family could tell it wasn't my own hair!

I volunteer at MD Anderson and the staff actually thought I was one of the few who did not lose hair in treatment. When I started going without the wig they wondered why I cut my hair so short - ha ha.

I developed mild lymphedema post radiation and it was challenging fitting me with a sleeve because I have such skinny arms and the edema only presented mid forearm. Kristen came to my rescue and we have tried different manufacturers to come up with just the right fit. I go to pick up my new "psychedelic" sleeve today:)

Last, but certainly not least, is Alex - the insurance miracle worker guru. Ricky was not in my network, but Alex contacted my insurance company and found out what I needed to do. After I did my part he went to work and filed all the necessary paper work. After review Aetna not only approved them but paid for my custom wig!!

Ricky Knowles Hair and Wellness has helped countless people with hair loss and lymphedema. I hear such positive stories many times over from patients I meet in the Breast Center at MDA. They truly make a difference in our lives that benefit us everyday."

-Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment